Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Field Experience

Field Experience:

1.  How many hours did you complete?
          I completed 6.5 hours during my field experience. 

2.  How did you spend your time?
          I spent one and a half hours working at McDonald's for McTeacher Night.  This was done as a promotion for our school, as well as McDonald's.  I also spent five hours collaborating with a colleague of mine.  She is teaching a home bound student who is in the 6th grade, but working on a 2nd grade level.  I worked on Reading and Language Arts lessons for her to be able to use with this student.  The first two sessions, I worked with grammar skills.  The last sessions, I worked with trade books - Flossie and the Fox, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! My goal was to take some of the books I had been exposed to in class and help her incorporate them into lessons for this home bound student.  He had to be taught the 6th grade content, but it had to be modified to meet his 2nd grade level.

3.  How did the experience help you to strengthen at least one Kentucky Teacher Standard?
          Standard 8:  The teacher collaborates with colleagues, parents, and others.  All of my field experience hours for this course were focused on collaborating with others.  I was able to interact with parents, students, and employees at the McTeacher Night, which was a great experience.  I really had fun and so did all those who came to support our school.  I also spent time collaborating with my colleague, which was a growing experience for both of us.  It is always said, "Two is better than one!" Well, that holds true with teachers as well.  When we put our minds together, great things happen for all involved.

4.  Talk a little about one thing you learned because of this field experience.
          I learned that I never stop learning.  I can always learn something new.  I have used books in my classroom before, but can always find something new to do with those books.  Or, I can always find new books to use in my classroom.  I love to teach Reading and Language Arts, as well as Writing, and would be happy doing that all day, every day if given the opportunity.  I have found some great books to use in my class, and also some wonderful resources that will allow me to be a better teacher to my students.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment